“Smash-ing” Around Town

"writing"

Writing Challenge

I have decided that trying to write every day for 30 days is just too much so I am going to adjust my goal (even though it is not the challenge) to Monday – Friday for the month of April.

For as far back as I can remember with my ME, I always get to the weekend and need to rest up for the coming week.  At least, more often then not.  Basically, I have to pre-plan any activities and fun.

The same goes with writing, unfortunately, as it takes a lot of brain power to write!  lol

I will have part 5 up tomorrow afternoon and part 6 up Wednesday afternoon.

"Smash Leroux Sleeping"

Totally Chilled Out

Smash is adjusting well and is doing well with his training.  However, he recently had several seizures and was running 105 so I had to rush him to the Vet on Friday.

It was determined that he had indeed had a seizure and also had an infection for which he is now on antibiotics.

I have to keep an eye on him for the next 30 days and then he goes back for a follow-up to make sure the infection has cleared up.  If he doesn’t have more than three (3) seizures a month, he will not be on medication.  However, if he does have more then three (3) then the Vet will put him on seizure medication.

Poor little guy.

So … for today, I thought I would take a break from my six-part series and show you all what Smash and I see when we take our walks around downtown Tulsa.

Tulsa Church"Local chruch in Tulsa""Downtown Building"

"Open Doors"110 Address""Sunset""Teamsters Headquarters""Rose Bushes""the Daily Grill""Phil Tower""Ballet Sculptor""Abstract Art"

"Wall Art""Sculptor""Downtown Tulsa"

I was recently told that people come from all over the world to see the architecture we have here in Tulsa.  I have to say, it is definitely one of my favorite reasons for living here, especially in the downtown area.

I am surrounded with beauty every day.  And Smash is enjoying sniffing out the new smells and seeking out the new sights!

Determined to continue forward,

"Red Signature"

6 thoughts on ““Smash-ing” Around Town”

1. Patricia STOTLER says:

I are do hope smash doesn’t have anymore seizures and never needs seizure meds. Tulsa looks lovely and urban. Do you have a park system where you can experience a natural setting at times

Patricia – Tulsa is quite eclectic in architecture and whatnot. But urban is a great word and why I love living here. Like today I’m answering your comment from a coffee shop. Love that.

We do have several parks. Smash and I walk every morning for 45 minutes and we basically go around the city and then head home.

2. Linda says:

I hope Smash is ok. Beautiful pictures, Dominique!

Linda – Thank you and thank you. He seems to have turned a corner for the better so I am guessing the antibiotics just kicked in!

3. Yun Yi says:

having read all your “amazing grace” posts so far, i am amazed by your recovery (even though it is not 100%). i am very happy for you, and hope you continue to make progress and one day we will see you in boston marathon!
    yes, life is a miracle!
    i like the pictures of city you taken – interesting composed and well balanced. i live in countryside and missed the city life.
    take care and enjoy your freedom.

Yun Yi – It was so good to see a comment from you here. I often sneak over to your blog and keep an eye on you! :-)

Thank you so much for your kind words. Thank you for the compliment on my photos. I do love taking them but I have to be honest I don’t give much thought to ‘how’ I take them. ha ha

Hope to see you here again soon!