My FIRST in TWENTY years~

"5K Race - Mayfest 2012 - Tuls"This won’t be an overly long post today, but I am so excited I cannot contain myself.   And of course I want to share the news with my readers.

Never in a million years did I think I would ever say this on my blog and I most certainly did not think I would during, or after the chemical poisoning.

But say it I am.

Are you ready?

"Tulsa Mayfest 2012 5K Race"

Tulsa Mayfest 2012 5K Race

I have just entered the Tulsa Mayfest 5K run for May 26th.  My first 5k in TWENTY years!

Phew!  That almost brings me to tears just writing it.  I cannot tell you how it feels to know that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.  We just have to keep trying things until we find the one that works for us.

I think in my case, it is the radical change in my diet (raw), Garden of Life Products (more about that to come in a future post at the request of Wendy) and of course the Amazing Grass.

I’m trying to figure out if I can somehow tie this to May 12th Neuro-Immune Awareness Day and Becoming VISIBLE 4ME and maybe even do some sort of fund-raising – although I’m not sure who to donate the money to.  (suggestions would be welcomed on the donation end).

I’m as so excited but at the same time I am so humbled because I have so many friends that are still not well.

So know this.  On May 26th, I will be walking/running for each and every one of you.  I will be carrying every person I know with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lymes, and all other neuro-immune illnesses in my heart as I do this race.

Just because I am getting better doesn’t mean I have forgotten where I was … or where YOU are.

In that vein, even though I am doing this race for me as a marker of my improvement, I will also be doing it for YOU.

Determined to continue forward,

"Red Signature"

10 thoughts on “My FIRST in TWENTY years~”

1. Patricia STOTLER says:

5k is how many miles? Your recovery seems to me a miracle. Do you still experience the post eexertion malaise?

Patricia – Funny thing you should ask me that. I have added ORAC, another product by Amazing Grass and I have found if I take it after my walks, I don’t have the PENE or I have it very mildly. I still get PENE and you will usually see me resting on the weekends to make up for all I do during the week but that is so different then I have been in 20 years.!

2. Yun Yi says:

amazing! amazing! you go girl!

Yun Yi – I wish you were there at the finishing line cheering me on! How fun that would be.

3. Renee says:

Amazing~ exciting~inspiring! Wow…wow and wow again. You go girl!!!!!!!!

Renee – I am amazed at how things have turned out this year. I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you. Sue’s amazing turn-around, mine, Joel’s … maybe this is a sign that more are coming. I so hope so.

4. Patricia STOTLER says:

Just for fun I went back to your oldest post. You did a great and funny job about the short term memory problems. I even replied with two funny stories. I am wondering with the huge improvements physically is the memory issue improved as well?
    I hope so. Wow you are making pre planned plans with every expectation of being able to follow through. You are giving hope that improvement is possible.

Patrica – Good question. My memory is better but I still struggle with recall, confusion (especially with directions) and stuff like that. It isn’t as pronounced now but I still have struggles. AND I definitely still cannot have multiple noises happening at once and hold a conversation. I find that stressful still. I also struggle with on-the-moment-demanded kind of activities. If I can take my time, I’m good. Fast just isn’t a good movement in my brain … yet. :-)

5. Tamara Epps says: